This one isn’t official, and of course it’s coming out in a bizarre way, but head behind the cut to see who…
Posted tagged ‘Casting’
This one’s coming up soon, so definitely don’t click if you don’t want to be spoiled…
As he does every year (and has done for pretty much every year of the show’s history, amazingly), Jason47 has just released his year-end rankings for 2016, showing how many episodes each character and actor appeared in. I don’t want to repost the info here because it’s his hard work and he deserves the clicks, but I always find this stuff fascinating and thought some of you might want to check it out, too. As seems to be the norm with Days, these lists — especially the year-end counts — give a good indication of how chaotic the show was over the course of the past year. A lot of the contract cast arrivals from 2016 are also listed under contract cast departures, and a bunch of the departures have either already returned or are about to.
A few interesting tidbits from the year-end list, though:
- Rafe was the most-appearing character, and Galen Gering the most-appearing actor, with 122 out of 244 episodes. I guess it does say something that the most-seen character was still only in 50% of episodes, but good grief. What did he even do this year besides tail Hope around or mope over her?
- The top ten, aside from Rafe in the #1 spot, indicates a pretty decent 2016 version of Days of Our Lives. Hope, Nicole, Kayla, Steve, Victor, even Brady — these are all characters who should be at the core of the show and on a lot.
- Ciara was only in 91 episodes? It felt like 500!
- Deimos was on way too damn much.
- Susan Seaforth Hayes getting 32 episodes in her sixth decade on the show! Love it.
If you’re as big a nerd as me and interested in checking this out, I’d love to hear your thoughts.