2016 Year-End Episode Rankings
As he does every year (and has done for pretty much every year of the show’s history, amazingly), Jason47 has just released his year-end rankings for 2016, showing how many episodes each character and actor appeared in. I don’t want to repost the info here because it’s his hard work and he deserves the clicks, but I always find this stuff fascinating and thought some of you might want to check it out, too. As seems to be the norm with Days, these lists — especially the year-end counts — give a good indication of how chaotic the show was over the course of the past year. A lot of the contract cast arrivals from 2016 are also listed under contract cast departures, and a bunch of the departures have either already returned or are about to.
A few interesting tidbits from the year-end list, though:
- Rafe was the most-appearing character, and Galen Gering the most-appearing actor, with 122 out of 244 episodes. I guess it does say something that the most-seen character was still only in 50% of episodes, but good grief. What did he even do this year besides tail Hope around or mope over her?
- The top ten, aside from Rafe in the #1 spot, indicates a pretty decent 2016 version of Days of Our Lives. Hope, Nicole, Kayla, Steve, Victor, even Brady — these are all characters who should be at the core of the show and on a lot.
- Ciara was only in 91 episodes? It felt like 500!
- Deimos was on way too damn much.
- Susan Seaforth Hayes getting 32 episodes in her sixth decade on the show! Love it.
If you’re as big a nerd as me and interested in checking this out, I’d love to hear your thoughts.