Extended Promo from Day of Days
The Day of Days fan event is being held this weekend, and as happens every year, they screened a special, extended promo trailer for the attendees. I was scouring boards last night as people posted it in chunks from their phones, but there’s finally (“finally,” says the most impatient man in the world) a HQ version online. Stashing it behind the cut for the spoiler-averse…
Usually these Day of Days things are longer and more far-reaching than this (or so it seems), but this appears to be a promo for the next 2-3 weeks. Some observations/grievances:
- Whyyyyyy do they continue to produce these in the same lethargic manner, with the same bored announcer? There are moments in this that should feel dramatic, but they’re under-produced and fall flat. Ava whipping off her glasses should feel big — with a sting of music, a pause, something — but it’s presented with all the fanfare of someone’s aunt from Tulsa removing a pair of RayBans she was trying on at the Sunglass Hut.
- Joey and Ava being in contact and possibly in cahoots, though? Interesting! I’m betting he doesn’t know who she really is, but it’s a fun twist and a nice way of using a teen character.
- Looks like Bo might be dead by Thanksgiving. Cripes. I kind of want Hope to marry him on his deathbed so she can be widowed twice in one Salem week.
- I’m happy to see a family holiday meal. It’s been a while.
- Belle cheated on Shawn again? How can someone be frigid and a huge slut at the same time? (And no, that isn’t slut-shaming — go have all the fun, consensual sex you want, but when you’re doing it behind the back of someone with whom you’re supposed to be in a monogamous relationship, you’re a slut!) I do appreciate that they’re bringing them back at a point of crisis, as opposed to how Carrie and Austin waltzed back into Salem totally fine and then had to be undone quickly. I’m praying they use this as a way to launch Shawn and Belle as individual characters and not just toss them into a triangle or a quadrangle immediately.
- This Brady/Theresa crap feels stuck in neutral, but I’m mostly distracted by the way Victor pronounces “Ther-ay-sa” in this clip.
- I can’t even tell what’s going on with the Sami stuff. And no, she isn’t going to neutralize the DiMeras forever, so… yawn?
- The Ben/Abigail/Chad stuff, however, looks great. This feels huge and sweeps-worthy, and I actually gasped when I realized what Ben was going to do. In spite of a lot of other issues, they’ve really managed to do the supercouple build correctly for these two.
- Apparently Abigail has a boy. What’s the over/under on him being named after Jack?
- As has been an issue for me ever since the writer switch, where’s the other 60% of Salem? Nothing on JJ, Nicole, Eric, Kate, Eve, Rafe, Eduardo, Adrienne, Justin, Lucas, Marlena, John, Gabi, Daniel, Abe, Lani, the other teens… I don’t even want to see some of those people, but the balance is really atrocious at the moment. There are more people in Salem than Hope, Abigail, and Kayla!