I know I should just refrain from expecting anything on this show to make sense, ever, but I can’t help it. And it’s going to be the death of me.
To review: Justin received notice from the Social Services lady that she would be in town with Parker. Justin, who was eating at Chez Rouge with his family, phoned Chloe and asked her to meet him there. Chloe came on down, expecting to have to sign some papers or something. The Social Services lady surprised her with Parker.
In theory, this is all very sweet. In reality, however, I have some serious questions:
- Why was Parker in Salem at all? Is Philip making another invisible visit? Wasn’t he “in town,” like, three days ago, tops?
- If Philip is not in Salem, then why the hell is Parker there? Did the Social Services lady schlep him all the way from Chicago without notifying Chloe or Justin?
- If this is the case, did she go to Chez Rouge because Justin was there, or did she just randomly decide to hang out in the bar of a fancy restaurant with an infant on the off-chance that the mother could pop by for a visit?
- Why did Justin not even tell Chloe why he wanted her to come to Chez Rouge? I know everyone in this town just spends all day long wandering around, but she theoretically might not have seen it as important enough to come rushing over. Perhaps explaining that her son was there might have helped.
- Why is this show forcing me to ask these questions? Why can’t anything just happen in a normal way?!