Since I’m getting a little tired of complaining about Summer’s improbable existence and Ciara’s bad acting and whatnot, let’s try something different. With the whacked-out plotting and haphazard re-editing of episodes, there’s a lot we aren’t seeing onscreen — even within the confines of the current, er, less-than-stellar canvas — and that’s part of what makes it tough for me to invest in a lot of what’s going on. So here are some of those scenes that I really, really wish we could see…
- Paul having an actual conversation with either of his half-siblings, but especially Belle, with whom he’s never actually shared dialogue.
- Shawn reacting to his little sister Ciara’s rape, since everyone else in town seems to know about it.
- Ciara talking to Hope and Shawn about her late brother, Zack.
- Claire and Philip acknowledging their complicated history (he was her father for the first year of her life!) instead of acting like he’s just some guy her mother recently took up with.
- Hope and Chase (is he still on the show?) reacting to the fact that Aiden wasn’t actually the Necktie Killer.
- Marlena and Maggie being forced to exchange dialogue.
What are yours? The sky is the limit, except that in this case, the sky means “featuring people who are currently on the show” (so no “I wish so-and-so would come back from the dead” or “I wish Maggie’s actual damn daughters would show up,” even though those are completely valid wishes).